Monday, October 19, 2009

The Broncos are fleeing with the lottery

Just finished up watching Monday Night Football. How the hell are the Broncos so good? Where did this come from, and why didn't anyone see this coming? Josh McDaniels is putting himself as the main contender of coach of the year. With ease by the way. How can McDaniels automatically transform Kyle Orton into a Pro Bowl caliber quarterback? This is what makes me wonder what he knows that Chicago didn't. I think everyone else just assumed that the only thing would be the same from Chicago would be Orton's neck beard. Photobucket

Looks like he shaved it. PhotobucketYeah, right before he moved to a mountain, shaves his neck beard and then becomes an all-pro leading the Donkeys to an undefeated season. Maybe the biggest difference was his neck beard. Wouldn't that be something?

And why don't the Broncos go after the mid-90s Mecklenburg jerseys instead of those terrible yellow and brown ones? Photobucket

But thanks to Neck Beard Orton and Eddie Royal being able to flee the entire Chargers special teams, I was handed ANOTHER loss in my fantasy football league. I'm 1-5 now. I feel like the Titans. I feel slightly better than the Rams, however, WAY better than Rush Limbaugh. If the season before I lost every game, I'd feel grateful for my one win like the Lions.

You know what sucks? I'm not very good at fantasy football. Not sure why, but every year my players that I choose suck it up. They suck it worse than a Hungarian prostitute trying to pay rent.

You know what I love about baseball now? The pie in the face after a big win. Like tonight, Jimmy Rollins nails a walk-off double that won the Phills the game and put them up 3-1. Pie in the face. This is something that is becoming more and more common. But at least this time, J-Roll only got a pie in the face. Photobucket
As a matter of fact, I think after every game at least someone should get a pie in the face. Even if it's a 5-0 win for any team. Even if it's in the middle of June when the games don't really matter yet. And if there's not a player to pie, pie the manager for wearing a jersey. I would love it. And no more shaving cream in the towel, I'm talking about a freshly baked apple pie. Or rhubarb if that's your type. If that's who you are.

Can someone tell me why TBS has three former American Leaguers (Dennis Eckersley, David Wells and Cal)? And can someone tell me what channel TBS is on, too? And big ups to Craig Sager. He'll wear these ridiculous suits Photobucketanywhere he covers for TBS/TNT.

So this was one of the more terrible weekend in Washington football. The sad thing is is that this isn't the first and it's not going to be the last. As I stated above, the Broncos are 6-0, which means that little first round draft pick that we own of theirs doesn't have the same luster that it previously did. Now, it's almost like the Hawks should lose the rest of the games so they can get another top 5 pick. I'm only joking of course, I would never want them to lose more games. I'm just sayin' though.

I can't believe the Huskies sometimes. I get it though. You can't be fully angry with them like you can with an NFL team. They're kids. They're still learning. Somehow Willingham managed to take good football players and regress their talents. It's as if Sarkisian has a bunch of freshman and sophomore, no matter the true class. You know, last year's injury to Locker was a blessing in disguise. If Locker never gets hurt, they possibly win the Apple Cup and maybe even another. And by not finishing with an oreo at the end of the season, Willingham would have stayed and this year's team would have allowed ASU to blow out UW. Instead UW lost that game. ASU didn't win it. Last year it would have been all day passing TDs over UW. This year, luck is all that gets by now. I can live with that for now.

Now with the Hawks. I was at the game. The Cards owned the Hawks on the first drive. The 12th man had no affect on Kurt Warner. The 12th man was benched on Sunday. There are a lot of finger pointing. Which I don't like. Mora needs to man up and admit that he didn't have his men prepared fully. There was a lot of terrible things happen in this terrible game. First is the Hawks couldn't get the Cards off the field on the opening drive, there's one against the defense. Then the Cards recover an onside squib kick, that's a BIG one against the special teams. And just because the special teams produced one of few first downs of the game doesn't let them off the hook. Justin Forsett is playing like a scared little boy. Not fully sure if he should fair catch it, and if he doesn't, which way should he go? I have a suggestion, don't run towards the guys who are on the other team! Then, the offense looked as if they were channeling 1992 when Rick Mirer was quarterbacking the Seahawks. Those were great years, huh? I'm quickly having a flash back. Those early 90s team would be the same team we're seeing right now. They would have a great game one Sunday, then fall flat on their faces and lose the next Sunday. Oh, Mike Holmgrum, where are you?

I know Mora still needs time to work out the kinks and get players that he needs to run his offense and defense. I know injuries are taking this season over again. I know this is NOT 1992. I know that the defense is better than that. I know that it's still early in the season. I know that Ruskell needs to reevaluate his previous moves and maybe move on himself.

But I also know that whatever it is, things need to change.

Speaking of Holmgren, he gets the Stache of the Week:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment